We all simply love our car. After all, it is our prized possession and the second most valuable asset after our house. But it’s a matter of fact that every car gains age with each passing day and eventually, a time comes when we have to say goodbye and sell it off. Nevertheless, it is extremely important that we take good care of our car till then, so that we can sell it at the maximum price and get a decent amount for it. Today we will focus on 5 crucial tips to keep our car looking like new to sell it at the best price.
- Keep Your Engine & Hood Area Clean: Generally, people miss this part and they take care of external parts only. It is extremely important to take care of the hood area and engine bay. Moreover, the engine is the heart of any car and thus if you keep it clean, it automatically creates a good impression on the buyer. However, it is advisable to exercise caution while cleaning these sensitive areas. Never apply direct water as it can harm the electrical equipment, sensors, battery terminals, and other sophisticated engine components. Always opt for vacuuming and dry cleaning from professionals.
- Reduce Vehicle Noise: A noisy rumbling vehicle never creates a good impression and will definitely drive away your potential buyers. So it is important to keep those noises and trembling under control by using proper motor and transmission mounts. Always use the recommended mounts and avoid cheap replacement units because they will not fit in your car properly and create unwanted noise from the engine and other parts of the car. You should also go for cabin noise dampening. It will not only reduce unwanted outside noise and keep your cabin quiet but also will reduce unwanted vibrations from body parts of the car. This will definitely act as a plus point.
- Take Good Care Of You Tires: Tires are the only point of contact between the road and your vehicle and thus it becomes extremely important that you take proper care of them. It is not only an important part of your vehicle maintenance but also a safety aspect. Monitor the tread depth and grip of the tires at regular intervals and change them if it has come to the end of its life. Repair those small punctures as soon as you can and never keep running for long in that condition because it can reduce your tire life drastically. Make it a point to take your car for wheel alignment and balancing at definite intervals and use a tire shiner spray or liquid to keep your tires shining like new for a long time.
- Keep The Car Clean: There is a popular saying “Cleanliness is next to godliness”. This is very true indeed and applies to your car too. A clean car both from inside and outside not only looks good but also creates a good impression in front of your potential buyers. Give a proper foam wash before showing it to your buyers and go for complete vacuuming of the cabin. The seats should be polished and the floor should be clean with good quality floor mats fitted into it. A clean car can go a long way in increasing its resale value and price.
- Mileage: The mileage of any car can tell a lot about its engine condition and can definitely be a very good bet for striking a high price deal with your potential buyers. Thus it is important to keep your vehicle maintained and go for regular servicing. Simple things such as changing the engine oil at timely intervals, air filter replacement, and oil filter change can have a big impact on the mileage of your car and fetch you a good price when you sell it.
Simply follow the above-mentioned tips and you will get a fair price off your vehicle.